The Wake Forest University faculty is comprised of teacher-scholars who produce outstanding, cutting-edge research while also making significant and lasting contributions in the classroom. In appreciation of the wonderful and dedicated work of faculty, Provost Tiefenthaler sponsors an annual series of Faculty Appreciation Events. These events are open to faculty across the University and help foster a sense of community among schools and departments.
2009-2010 Faculty Appreciation Events
- April 28, 2010: Music and Arts show at Reynolda Gardens
- Date TBA: Baseball family outing
- December 20 at a Wake Forest Men’s Basketball Game: On December 20, 2009 faculty and family members were invited to attend the Wake Forest Men’s Basketball home ACC opener against North Carolina State University. Those in attendance were able to see the Demon Deacons beat the Wolfpack 67-59.
- December 2 at the Reynolda House Museum of American Art: The December 2nd event at the Reynolda House Museum of American Art featured a presentation and guided tour of the Now/Then exhibit which features works from the Student Union Collection of Art. Professor Emeritus Bob Knott spoke about the history of the student art collection and the New York buying trip.
- September 19 at the Wake Forest University vs. Elon University football game: On September 19, faculty and their families were given free tickets to the home football game against Elon University. Tickets were provided by Ron Wellman, Director of Athletics, and Provost Tiefenthaler sponsored a pre-game tailgate.